Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Pat Bennett R.I.P.

Pat Bennett R.I.P.




Pat Bennett was a poet and songwriter from Virginia in County Cavan and a long time member of The Meath Writers' Circle. Sadly, he passed away in April of this year and was buried in Maghera yesterday. He will be remembered for his kindness and good nature and always a ready smile. I recorded Pat reciting this poem back in April of 2012 and there are a number of his other poems on the site back then. He was a regular at nearly all of our meetings and used to travel over from London every month. He will be missed.

Painted Skies
A bite to eat
A place to lie
A time for thought
Before I die.

My love to call
A kiss at last
A hand to shake
That's from the past.

A dyin wish
In a livin year
Come the appointed time
Of leavin here.

Thrones of mercy
I can see
Harp of angels
Callin me.

Up among 
The painted skies
Of one who lives 
And never dies.

That's it.

Pat Bennett: (Recorded Thursday, April the 12th, 2012)

No comments: