Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Burns Night 2015!

Burns Night 2015!


Willie G. Hodgins

The Kells Arts Club is hosting its second Burns Night in the Headfort Arms Hotel this Friday with Willie G. Hodgins above doing the honours as M.C. Sean Reilly of the Writers' Circle will be along to contribute a song or two from Robbie's fine collection!  I believe Willie had the "honour" of addressing the "Haggis" last year, though what they put into that I don't know and I think I'll stick to the porridge. I was looking around for a suitable poem for the occasion and maybe I'll load one from youtube but the Grace is below. Tickets are priced at €35 and include meal and toast.

The Selkirk Grace

Some have meat an''canna eat
An'some wad eat that want it
But we hae meat an' we can eat
An' sae the Lord be thankit. 

Robert Burns.

No comments: