Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Trim Visitor's Centre/ Living History Display!

Trim Visitor's Centre/ Living History Display!

A Knight Templar

Here's a place I spent an enjoyable half hour and worth a visit if you should find yourself in Trim with some time on your hands. A step back in time with a hands on display of sword and shield and that old English long bow that was really Welsh, or so I've been told and had a pull on it of over one hundred pounds and then some! But I leave that to the archery buffs, I wouldn't know. The talk was fascinating of wars and castles and knights and armour and highlights that included the river Boyne, Trim Castle, the Yellow Steeple, surrounding abbeys and countryside and Norman times good and bad. Their website is www.trimtown.ie/trim-living-history-group/  The castle is just beside the town hall and you'll enjoy this. I've a poem I must add sometime.

No comments: