Monday, October 1, 2012

"I Remember When" Book Launch!

Book Launch! Bernadette Dowd.



Elizabeth Carty and Bernadette Dowd
 
Made it up to the Pastoral centre in Dunshaughlin on Saturday morning for the launch of Bernadette Dowd's book~ I Remember When~ which chronicles her life and memories and those of her father's time growing up in the Dunshaughlin of the thirties and forties. The book is printed by www.eprint.ie and you can check out the link for more info. Yet to read it myself. Elizabeth Carty who surely needs no introduction, being one of Ireland;s best known short story writers, did the honours for the occasion and a large crowd turned out for what was a lively event. I have to mention that the sandwiches and spread laid out ensured that nobody left hungry and I dropped in to the photographic exhibition or presentation on the way out.   

No comments: