Saturday, June 27, 2009

The Battle of the Books.

Battle of the Books.

Inebriated by the exuberance of their own verbosity,and late of the King's Library, and even later of Trim, the Royal and Ancient Order of Scribes, will gather one week hence at the said Castle to debate on whether contemporary learning has surpassed anything at all! May the best team win. Tickets are €25 Euro each and available from The Trim Swift Committee. I borrowed the opener from Benjamin Disraeli who had a lot to say on such things. More info at http://www.boynewriters.com/ and follow the links. Such is the seriousness of this, I had difficulty in finding an image suitable and had to settle for less.


Before I go I have to mention a competition worth keeping an eye out for next year. The Jonathan Swift Creative Writing Awards in Saggart Co Dublin, (where I had some little success) is worth a look in. The standard of the short stories was something else. Signing off.

Photo: Clouds over Meath.

No comments: